We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give.
DONATE BY MAIL
To donate by check, please make checks payable to
“Friends of Hope” and send to:
Friends of Hope
PO Box 451513
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33345
The Dominican Republic is one of the most well-known and most visited countries internationally
for tourists in the Caribbean. Although it is a rich area for tourists to travel, the poverty rate
remains a major issue. Located in rural areas are many families who do not have proper schooling.
They also do not have proper healthcare systems or access to basic sanitation and clean water. In
2018, the poverty rate for the Dominican Republic was 13.80%, a 2.1% decline from 2017. Meanwhile,
13.80% of the population in the Dominican Republic are unable to provide the basic needs for their
families or loved ones. This country is still struggling and battling poverty. However, there are
many efforts taking place to increase poverty eradication in the Dominican Republic.
Widespread poverty, a lack of opportunities, and environmental issues such as water shortages, soil
erosion, deforestation, flooding and droughts are barriers to progress. Unemployment and
underemployment are widespread.
HOW WE HELP
· In the first six months of 2020, Friends of Hope shipped 16 tractor-trailer loads of aid to the
Dominican Republic containing food, medicine, medical supplies, furniture, and household supplies.
· We work with 12 children's homes as part of the Hope Youth program in the Dominican Republic.
· We have constructed more than 35 water projects.
Friends of Hope has been working since 2010 to uplift the poor of the Dominican Republic.
Some of our accomplishments in The Dominican Republic:
· 1,436 sturdy houses have been built since 2010
· Construction of community centers
· 322 children have shelter through the Hope Youth program
· 35 water projects
· Food production and income-generating initiatives like animal husbandry, tilapia fish farms,
and soy milk production
· School construction and renovation, technical/vocational training, scholarships, day care centers,
and educational supplies
Please help us continue to help the people of The Dominican Republic by making a donation today.
Friends of Hope International, Inc.
9994 Nob Hill Place
Sunrise, FL 33351
Contributions are tax-deductible under
Internal Revenue code Section 501(c)(3)
Tax ID: 27-2059981